SEPTEMBER 2022 NEWSLETTER
Bonjour to our 8 Point Learning Program Families!
September 2022 has just flown by with much excitement! Below please find some of the great learning experienced by all.
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Meteorology and more.
The process presented in our program uses the Scientific Method and involves hands-on experiences and daily experimentation.
Some daily experiments and scientific studies:
- Making play dough
- Experiencing senses
- Germ study with pepper and dish soap
- Exploding lemons
- Catapult construction and play
- Experiencing gravity fun
- Color mixing
- Water/color transfer through absorption
- Making a pin-ball machine demonstrating energy transfer
- Hovercraft assembly and science
- Abacus play
- Math board games
- Multiplication (some)
- Dice play
- Various sports including bowling, soccer, throwing, catching, relay races, balloon bounce, etc.
- Stretch and Flexibility
- Challenging obstacle courses
- Gym mats
- Painting- various techniques
SOCIALIZATION and CREATIVE EXPRESSION
- Individual and group play as well as theory of teamwork
- Winning and losing
- Story telling
- Show and tell
- Book making about our individual likes and preferences
- Map puzzles
- Holidays as historical events and in different countries
- Similarities and differences
Use of interactive videos and songs for math, numbers, letters, days of the week, months in the year,planets and more.
- Basic French and Spanish
- Letter reading, writing and sounding
- Letter combinations
- Book reading daily
FINE and GROSS MOTOR SKILLS
Combined/listed in other Learning Points
Your remarkable children have taught Miss Caroline and me so much this first month and we can’t wait to continue the fun throughout October!
Miss Deb and Miss Caroline